Reset Fire TV Device to Factory Settings
A factory reset of your device removes all downloaded content including in-app purchases. You will need to reinstall the Digital Menus by Untappd app.
- Go to Settings on your Fire TV. You can find this at the top of your home screen, or by holding down the home key on your remote until your screen dims and you see Settings.
- Scroll through and select My Fire TV.
Next, scroll down and select Reset to Factory Defaults. Enter your PIN if you’re asked for it.
Once this is done, the device will restart again.
How to Reset Your Fire Stick With Your Remote Control
If you are unable to reset your device through the Settings screen, you can also do it with your remote. Here’s how:
- Turn on your TV and Fire Stick device.
- Press and hold the Back button and the Right directional button for at least 10 seconds.
- Click Reset when you see the pop-up message. Wait a few minutes for it to finish. Meanwhile, you will also be advised not to unplug the device during the whole process. If the power supply gets cut off while the process is ongoing, you may have to start the whole process all over again.