On Untappd, every account is public by default. What that means is your entire profile page can be seen by anyone on the internet. Your full name will be visible on your profile. If you wish to edit what name is publicly displayed on your profile, you can edit it in your Account Settings.
How to Make Your Account Private
If you would like your account completely private - you can change your settings (http://untappd.com/account/privacy) and make your account private. If you do - this happens:
- Your account is listed as private but will be shown in user search (unless you turn off "Show in public search results" in your settings)
- Only your friends can see your locations, beers, badges, etc.
- Your check-ins will be removed from public pages (beer, brewery, venues, etc)
- Your photos will be removed from public pages (beer, brewery, venues, etc)
- Your account will be removed from the Top Drinkers or Top Users section (on Beer and Venue Pages)
- You will not be able to share your check-ins to Facebook
- You will not appear on any Untappd for Business (Verified Venues) Digital Boards
- You will not appear in the "Friends List" on Brewery pages but will appear on Venue/Beer Pages with option. This is when the user taps the "Friends" section - your check-ins will not appear
- When you make your account private, and then make it public, your old photos and check-ins will not show up on public pages. Any future check-ins will be listed, but previous ones will not repopulate.
What Personal Information do we Use?
Profile Picture: On account signup, we use a service called "Gravatar (http://gravatar.com)", which allows us to use your email address to return a photo. This service is provided by Wordpress - so if you have used Wordpress before or made a comment on a blog by them and uploaded your profile picture - that's where it's coming from. You can remove it at untappd.com/account anytime, or upload your own photo. You can also change your email address that isn't registered with Gravatar. You can check anytime here: https://en.gravatar.com/site/check/
Location: Since Untappd is a geo-aware service, we use your location to deliver location-centric results for recommendations, adding a location to a check-in, nearby beers and events. We only track your location when you are using the app, not any other way. This helps us provide better local results to you on beers and bars in your area.
Photos and Gallery: We ask for these permissions to post photos from your Camera and Gallery when you check-in. We don't access your Photos or Gallery without your consent, or when you are not using the app. We only see them when you click "Add Photo" to a check-in.
Calendar Permissions: We ask for these permissions so we can give the ability to add an event to your calendar on iOS and Android. We do not read from your calendar or add events without your permission at any time.
How to Export Your User Data on Untappd
Users that are residents of countries belonging to the European Union or the European Economic Area can request their data under the terms of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you would like an export of your user data from Untappd, you can open a ticket and request it at anytime. You will receive up to three emails depending on what data you have on Untappd:
- One email will contain your check-ins
- One email will contain your custom lists
- One email will contain your wish list
If you do not have anything added to your wish list or you have no custom lists, you will not receive an email about those.
The data will be delivered in .csv format and the download link will be active for 36 hours. You can re-request your data anytime.
Untappd Insiders can request this data at any time as well. More details can be found here.