A collaboration on Untappd is when two or more breweries come together to brew a beer at one or many locations. We know there may be some confusion on what or who counts as a collaboration or a collaborator, so the guidelines below should help clarify things:
- The primary owner of the beer is where the beer was brewed. If their beer was brewed at multiple breweries, it would be listed separately on Untappd.
- For example if Greg’s Brewery and Tyler’s Brewery brewed at beer at Greg’s Brewery - Greg’s would be the primary, and Tyler the secondary.
- If the beers were brewed separately at each location, there would be two beer listings.
- To be a brewery, you must have at least one beer on Untappd that you make yourself. If you do not make at least one beer yourself you cannot be listed as a collaborator. You learn more about what breweries we support here: Supported Brewery Types
- A non-brewery cannot be listed as a collaborator, such as a Music Store, Coffee shop, etc.
- Shared Recipe Projects, such as the All Together project by Other Half (alltogether.beer), are not considered collaboration on Untappd. The recipe was provided freely, and Other Half is not physically there with the breweries brewing the product.
- Beers that are collaborations must be marketed as such. Just because the beer is brewed at a brewers facility does not mean that it’s a collaboration. Collaborations are usually marked on a menu or can/bottle.