Taking a photo causes the app to close or restart.
There are a few things you can do to resolve this issue, and may require doing one or more of the below.
- Reinstall Untappd
- If you have the app installed to an SD card, please install to local storage instead.
- If you are on Android 8.1 or above you will also want to make sure "Automatic App Restore" is turned off. This will prevent Android from automatically restoring any backed up app data which may have been contributing to the issue. This may vary by device but it is generally under Settings > System > Backup > App Data > Automatic Restore. Feel free to turn this back on after reinstalling.
- Enable the enhanced camera in the advanced settings menu.
- If you have trouble after reinstalling, enabling our enhanced camera should help. You can find this by going to My Profile > Settings > General > Camera > Enhanced Camera.
- Lower your camera's resolution.
- Try lowering the resolution of the photo taken with your Camera as we have seen issues with users taking very high-resolution photos and the app restarting or crashing. Try lowering the resolution to see if that helps.
- The application may be running out of memory and thus restarting.
- Make sure that you are not using a third-party application "select a photo" - always use the default Gallery.
- If you have a lot of apps running on your phone, please reboot your phone.
- Your developer settings may not be set to properly keep activities running the background.
- Enable Developer Mode (Instructions: http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-enable-developer-optionsusb-debugg...)
- Make sure "Don't Keep Activities" is unchecked
- Limit Background Processes (Set to Standard)
- Reboot your phone