We utilize a wide network of Untappd Moderators living all over the world to ensure that our data is accurate and consistent. Being chosen as a Moderator for Untappd is an exciting opportunity - as a Moderator, you will have access to tools that will assist you in completing beer/brewery merges/edits and other tasks.
In order to maintain the integrity of our Moderator Program, we ask that interested users submit the Untappd Moderators Application for review. After the application is received and your account is reviewed we will reach out to your via the email address associated with your Untappd account to inform you of the next steps.
Moderator user accounts are distinguished from others by the "Moderator" flare found on their Profile.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I become a Moderator?
- It's easy! Just fill out the Untappd Moderator Application - and we will reach out to you via the email on your Untappd Account.
- Do I get paid to do this?
- At this time our Moderator Program is joined strictly on a volunteer basis - there is no exchanging of money or goods for the work that you do as a Moderator, but the time you spend maintaining the integrity of our data is invaluable and appreciated!
- How much time am I expected to spend doing this a week?
- That's the best part! You get to decide! We expect a minimum of 5-10 beer/brewery edits/merges a week - which is something we monitor to ensure that only those interested in becoming an Untappd Moderator are given the tools to interface with the Untappd platform.
- How do I communicate with other Moderators?
- We utilize Slack as a form of communication between all Moderators and between Moderators and Untappd Staff. After you are accepted into the Program we will email you instructions on how to join the Untappd Slack team.
- Where should I focus my efforts after joining the program?
- We suggest that Moderators stick with the geographic area in which they live to ensure accuracy - but you are open to moderate things outside of that area if you are knowledgeable about that geographic area.
- Is it possible for me to lose my Moderator Tools?
- Yes and no. We will monitor Moderator activity to ensure that only those interested in being an Untappd Moderator are given the tools to interface with the Untappd platform. With that being said - we do understand that, "life happens" and can take you away from Untappd for a little bit. Which is perfectly fine! No need to let us know - we will reach out if we feel that we need to, but really we will just be making sure all is well with you! :-)
- I submitted my application - but haven't heard back yet, did I do something wrong?
- No! We add Moderators to our Moderator Program in batches, when the need presents itself based on workload. There is no specific time frame on being added.