When deciding the type of beverages that we allow on Untappd we take a few things into consideration:
- How the beverage was created.
- What the beverage was fermented with.
- How the beverage differs in other Countries.
A beverage must meet all of the below requirements for its Beverage Type in order for it to be allowed on Untappd. These Beverage Guidelines are a living document that will continue to evolve when innovation, legislative conditions, or unforeseen circumstances necessitate change.
Please take time to review this before:
- Adding a beverage that is not on the allowed list which will be deleted from Untappd and your creation abilities revoked.
- Inquiring why or why not a certain type of beverage is allowed or disallowed on Untappd.
|Cider||Alcoholic ONLY with ABV ≥ 0.5%||Pineapple Cider|
|Perry||Alcoholic ONLY with ABV ≥ 0.5%||Ace Perry Cider|
|Kombucha||This is a lightly effervescent fermented drink of sweetened black and/or green tea that is used as a functional food - no soft drink makers||Alcoholic ONLY with ABV ≥ 0.5%||Bourbon Peach American Wild Ale|
|Applewine||Cider with substantially added sugar to achieve higher alcohol||Both||Iceman|
|Malt Beverages||Fermented beverages, in which the primary ingredient is the grain, or seed of the barley plant, which has been allowed to sprout in a traditional way called "malting" slightly before it is processed.||Both||Mike's Hard, Smirnoff Ice|
|Mead||Fermented honey||Alcoholic ONLY||Uncle Zester|
|Root Beer||If it's non-alcoholic, it must be produced by a brewery.||Both||Abita Brewing Company Root Beer |
|Ginger Beer||Alcoholic ONLY||John Crabbier Co. Original Ginger Beer|
|Hard Seltzer||a drink that is fermented with sugar, and derives its alcohol content from that fermentation, no soft drink makers||Alcoholic ONLY||Truly Spiked Seltzer|
Be sure that your supported drink meets our Beer Naming Standards as well: http://untp.beer/BPVgr
The below list are beverages explicitly not allowed on Untappd.
When in doubt - it is best to ask one of our Support Specialist before adding a beverage that may violate these guidelines.
- Distilled Alcohol
- Blend of two beers done after kegging or bottling (doesn't matter if the brewery blended them or not)
- Products from Soft Drink Makers
- All other Fermented Beverages
- All other Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Any other product that contains a percentage of an approved beverage type, but is not that type of beverage by definition (for ex. a wine that is made with 15% beer is not allowed).
- Any other product that contains a percentage of an approved beverage type, but has had additional flavorings added to it after or before kegging/bottling. (For ex. a mix of beer with cherry juice that is meant to be heated up before drinking but is a beer by definition)