When deciding the type of beverages that we allow on Untappd we take a few things into consideration:
- How the beverage was created.
- What the beverage was fermented with.
- How the beverage differs in other Countries.
A beverage must meet all of the below requirements for its Beverage Type in order for it to be allowed on Untappd. These Beverage Guidelines are a living document that will continue to evolve when innovation, legislative conditions, or unforeseen circumstances necessitate change.
Please take time to review this before:
- Adding a beverage that is not on the allowed list which will be deleted from Untappd and your creation abilities revoked.
- Inquiring why a beverage may or may not be allowed on Untappd.
|Cider||Alcoholic ONLY with ABV ≥ 0.5%||Pineapple Cider|
|Perry||Alcoholic ONLY with ABV ≥ 0.5%||Ace Perry Cider|
|Kombucha||This is a lightly effervescent fermented drink of sweetened black and/or green tea that is used as a functional food - no soft drink makers||Alcoholic ONLY with ABV ≥ 0.5%||Bourbon Peach American Wild Ale|
|Applewine||Cider with substantially added sugar to achieve higher alcohol||Alcoholic ONLY||Iceman|
|Malt Beverages||Fermented beverages, in which the primary ingredient is the grain, or seed of the barley plant, which has been allowed to sprout in a traditional way called "malting" slightly before it is processed.||Both||Mike's Hard, Smirnoff Ice|
|Mead||Fermented honey||Alcoholic ONLY||Uncle Zester|
|Root Beer||If it's non-alcoholic, it must be produced by a brewery.||Both||Abita Brewing Company Root Beer |
|Ginger Beer||Alcoholic ONLY||John Crabbier Co. Original Ginger Beer|
|Hard Seltzer||a drink that is fermented with sugar, and derives its alcohol content from that fermentation, no soft drink makers||Alcoholic ONLY||Truly Spiked Seltzer|
Be sure that your supported drink meets our Beer Naming Standards as well: http://untp.beer/BPVgr
The below list are beverages explicitly not allowed on Untappd.
When in doubt - it is best to ask one of our Support Specialist before adding a beverage that may violate these guidelines.
- Distilled Alcohol
- Blend of two beers done after kegging or bottling (doesn't matter if the brewery blended them or not)
- Products from Soft Drink Makers
- All other Fermented Beverages
- All other Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Any other product that contains a percentage of an approved beverage type, but is not that type of beverage by definition (for ex. a wine that is made with 15% beer is not allowed).
- Any other product that contains a percentage of an approved beverage type, but has had additional flavorings added to it after kegging/bottling. (For ex. a mix of beer with cherry juice that is meant to be heated up before drinking but is a beer by definition)
- "Variety Packs" or "Mixed Packs" of multiple beverages should not be added as an individual beverage and will be removed. Individual beverages in the pack, however, can be added if they are not already in our database.