There are plenty of ways to stay up-to-date with what your friends are drinking, what's on tap at your local Verified Venue, or know when a beer you love is in town!
Check-in Alerts are for you and your friends to be alerted when people check-in on Untappd! We will send a push notification to your phone when you turn on this feature. By default, all Check-in Alerts are turned off. You can only subscribe to these alerts if you are friends with the user.
There are 2 different types of alerts:
- All - you will get pushed all checkins that this user has made, irrespective of location
- Nearby - you will get alerts when this user has added a location and is nearby your last known location.
You can turn these off anytime, by selecting "None".
1. Navigate to the friends profile page and you'll see a big blue button under their name as shown below. Select it.
2. Chose the notification setting you'd like
3. Their profile will now show a gray button indicating that you have now turned on notifications for that friend.
1. Navigate to that Beer's Detail Page
2. Select the little "bell" icon next to the beers name. A yellow icon indicates notifications are on, whereas a white icon indicates notifications are off.
1. Navigate to the Verified Venue's page and you'll see a big blue button under the notifications card. Select it.
2. Chose the notification setting you'd like.
*Venue Notifications is only available for VERIFIED Venues, Unverified Venues do not have this capability*
Managing your Subscriptions
Have some questions? No worries! One of our App Support Specialist will be more than happy to help explain our Notification Features or help troubleshoot any issues you are having with them. All you need to do is leave feedback on this article, or submit a help request here.