You know that friends that use Untappd, but no one shows up when you search for them. What's the deal?
This means you didn't accept all permissions during the setup.
During the linking process Facebook asks for permissions to access your information such as birthday, email etc. If those permissions are not granted during the linking process we a re not able to read your friends
Unfortunately - the way that Facebook works is that it's unable to "re-apply missing permissions" once you ignore them the first time. So you will need to unlink and relink Facebook, making sure to accept all permissions.
We highly recommend using a Desktop or Tablet to complete this process. To relink your Facebook:
- Login to Untappd
- Disconnect your Facebook account from Untappd at http://untappd.com/account (scroll down and click Disconnect under Facebook)
- Login to Facebook
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications
- Remove Untappd from your List of Applications
- Logout of Facebook
- Go to http://untappd.com/account (log in if you haven't already - do not use the "Login with Facebook" option)
- Scroll down and click Connect via Facebook icon.
- During this step, make sure you allow ALL permissions (after you log into Facebook), do not add any customization with any drop down lists during the permission step.
- The page should refresh, and you should see your name there instead of the "Connect via Facebook"
- At this point - you can try to Scan for Friends via the app again (make sure force quit the app and relaunch it so picks it up the new info).