New App

Max Albertus

16 Feb, 2017 10:03 PM

I am realy pissed, Since the new download the app is not working anymore. It is a very bad update!!!!!!!!!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Greg Avola on 16 Feb, 2017 11:20 PM

HI Max!

Sorry to hear that! Can you tell us something you don't like? We'd love to change it so we can get it work. Thanks!

Greg

2. 2 Posted by BierDaddy on 17 Feb, 2017 02:01 AM

I'm finding multiple issues on my end...

1) the navigation bar at the bottom constantly disappears and i have to shut the app down and swipe it from memory and then restart. but then i have to do this so many times that it's tiresome.

2) can't search my own friend's list like before. whenever i do a search it searches the entire user listing and that's not what i'm wanting to do.

3) can't view sized-up profile pics. used to I could click on their picture and see a larger size of it. now that doesn't work.

4) can't add friends to my lists. used to i could just go to my friend's profile and add them to a list from there but now can't do that.

5) every time i open the mobile app it walks me through the tutorial.... very annoying and not able to turn that off.

I'm sure there are others but that's all that's coming to mind right off the bat.... new format looks good but performs poorly.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Greg Avola on 17 Feb, 2017 05:09 AM

Hi BierDaddy,

Let me list through your issues:

1) This is a know bug, and has been reported a couple of times by other
    users, a fix is coming in 3.0.1 - simply do not tap on any item via your
    Inbox and you won't see this error. I know it's annoying, but hang in there
    - a fix is coming.

2) You can search your friends in your Friends section on your profile, I
    tried searching in only search by friends (this did not change from V2)

3) This is coming back in 3.0.1, hang in there!

4) I dont recall that this was a feature that we had, but we certainly look
    to add this in the future!

5) Have you tried a re-install? Sounds like you may need uninstall and
    re-install as I can't replicate this - what devcie you are using?

Greg

4. 4 Posted by John Bjuvman on 17 Feb, 2017 11:09 AM

I can't add photos to my checkins OR even check in withOUT a photo. So right now I basically can't use the app at all.
    Extremely dissapointed.

5. 5 Posted by BierDaddy on 17 Feb, 2017 03:46 PM

Greg:

5) every time i open the mobile app it walks me through the tutorial.... very annoying and not able to turn that off.

By this one I misused the term 'tutorial'.... what's happening is the first screen that shows is one prompting whether to turn on or turn off notifications (I've already handled that on my notification settings in my profile so this shouldn't constantly be flashing up). Next it always prompts me to keep track of my beers and get recommendations (isn't that the point of the app at its core?) and then lastly the prompt to search for beer or to click on "close" at the bottom of the window .... in my opinion that's a given action and shouldn't even pop up in my opinion but others may really like that reminder.

I've uninstall/re-installed many times (7 to be exact) and these still exists on each re-installation attempt. Using iPhone 6S with all latest updates from software and carrier.

4) can't add friends to my lists. used to i could just go to my friend's profile and add them to a list from there but now can't do that.

Yes on the previous version of the mobile app I could go to my friend's profile and click on the symbol in the upper right-hand corner and then a message would show that i could add them to a group.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Greg Avola on 17 Feb, 2017 04:46 PM

BierDaddy,

Can you take a video of #5? I can't replicate this coming again and again.
    Try this:

1) You see the first one to turn on notifications - hit "NO THANKS"
    2) The second one that says "Let's Go", just hit that button
    3) Then force quit the app and re-launch it and see if it comes up.

4) We an definitely consider adding that feature back in for the future -
    hopefully the lack of this feature doesn't make it a game changer for you,
    and we can definitely work to add it.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Greg Avola on 17 Feb, 2017 04:46 PM

John,

I can'y replicate this issue - maybe you can take a video of the error you
    get? Let's open anew ticket instead of jumping on someone elses. Thanks!

Greg

8. 8 Posted by wittycasla on 17 Feb, 2017 07:24 PM

Hi Greg,

Great update but, I have the problem #1 (navigation bar) and I Can't search venues for "Purchased Location" only show near venues, but I buy the beers far away.

Greetings,
    wittycasla

Sorry for my english.

9. 9 Posted by Hannah on 17 Feb, 2017 07:32 PM

I came on here as I've just noticed the app has updated...I have finally got to a beer and I can't change the rating or add a location.

10. 10 Posted by Mustang46L on 17 Feb, 2017 10:30 PM

I'm having issues uploading a previous picture when checking into a beer on the new app (Android). It worked once, but gives me an error every other time.

11. 11 Posted by BierDaddy on 17 Feb, 2017 11:15 PM

Greg: I've seen today a new issue.... when i log into the mobile app i see on the bottom navigation bar a notice that i have new comments/toasts etc. but when i click on that button i don't see anything new. so i can't tell if the new stuff isn't populating on the screen or if nothing new has come in and it's just a false-notification.

12. 12 Posted by Barbara on 17 Feb, 2017 11:38 PM

I'm getting used to the new app and see two issues that might need attention. When I search on venues, the check-ins are not up to date. I have checked several place I visit regularly and the most recent activity shown is a month old or older. For example, Forge Brew Works (Lorton, VA). Another issue is not being able to find known locations, example: Burton's Grill in Alexandria, VA doesn't show up at all.

13. 13 Posted by bubba on 18 Feb, 2017 01:59 AM

Is there anyway to go back to earlier version? I have an old phone (Samsung S4) and the new version takes a long time to come up, runs verrry slowly, then locks up.

14. 14 Posted by jfbruns on 18 Feb, 2017 02:34 AM

Tonight I added 2 beers to my list but they do not show up in my Beer History. Wanted you to know.

15. 15 Posted by Stef Janssens on 18 Feb, 2017 08:35 AM

Pictures are cropped even more than before on the "activity-friends" page, and the new positioning of toast etc introduces way too much whitespace. Pictures don't appeal anymore. This layout is really a big step backward.

16. Support Staff 16 Posted by Greg Avola on 18 Feb, 2017 02:53 PM

Hey guys,

It's really hard to respond to everyone when they jump on the same ticket - but here it goes:

Stef Janssens: Photos will cropped like that in V2, you just need to tap in to see the full size photo, The white space is part of the design as the "card" is white, but the crop size is 100% the same as the previous version.

jfbruns: Can you open up a new ticket at http://untpd.it/newticket (make sure you pull to refresh that page).

bubba: Sadly, not at this time, but we are looking ways to provide support for older devices.

Barbara: Not sure what you mean here, can you provide a screenshot in a new ticket (http://untpd.it/newticket)

Mustang46L: Have you tried re-installing the app?

Hannah: This issue has been fixed (remember, you can change the rating / location anytime via the "Edit" button the check-in screen)

wittycasla: On the Add Purchase screen, you can use the second search box to search for a Location and it should find it.

17. 17 Posted by wittycasla on 19 Feb, 2017 12:25 AM

Thanks Greg,

I understand how search the venue for "Purchase Location".

:)

18. 18 Posted by Jeff A on 19 Feb, 2017 01:42 AM

Tons of bugs on the new app..gets stuck in one section and you can't get out without powering off...missing "buttons" to go back

19. Support Staff 19 Posted by Greg Avola on 20 Feb, 2017 04:29 AM

Jeff,

This will be fixed in 3.0.1 - I believe this is only one bug - are these
    others you experience? We are just waiting on Apple's approval.

Greg

20. 20 Posted by Jeff Anderson on 20 Feb, 2017 11:29 AM

Error notice on check-in occasionally is one I remember now.

Jeff
    Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 20, 2017, at 12:05 AM, Greg Avola <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

21. Support Staff 21 Posted by Greg Avola on 20 Feb, 2017 01:53 PM

Jeff,

This may have been due to a high traffic over the weekend, but this is
    resolved now. Let us know if you continue to see errors. Thanks!

Greg

22. 22 Posted by Hannah Gray on 20 Feb, 2017 04:38 PM

#ignore

On 20 Feb 2017 1:53 p.m., Greg Avola <[email blocked]> wrote:

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

Jeff,

This may have been due to a high traffic over the weekend, but this is
    resolved now. Let us know if you continue to see errors. Thanks!

Greg

On Mon, Feb 20 at 03:29 AM PST, Jeff Anderson wrote:

Error notice on check-in occasionally is one I remember now.

Jeff
    Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 20, 2017, at 12:05 AM, Greg Avola <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: New App.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac